FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is a Breton top?
- Breton tops come from Brittany, the west peninsula of France. They are usually made in white, cream or natural cotton with dark navy stripes. Some Bretons have long sleeves while others are three quarter length. Some have stripes that start just past the shoulders and some go all the way up.
These days Breton tops can be quite fitted, and come in a range of colours and styles. But traditionally a Breton top would be boxy, in a heavyweight tightly woven cotton that keeps the wind out. (They were made for sailors after all.)
- How do I style a Breton top?
- Our Breton top can be worn on its own or layered over a slim fitting top for extra warmth. At the seaside a Breton looks great thrown over your swimsuit and a pair of shorts. In the evening you can style it under a chunky cardigan or with a contrasting jumper wrapped around your shoulders. Or, smarten up your Breton top with a dark blazer, your favourite jeans and red lipstick - for true Parisian chic.
- What are the Breton tops made out of?
- Not all Breton tops are created equal but ours are made with 100% GOTS certified organic cotton. It’s a super soft, high quality cotton that makes our tops and tees last for years. They’re cosy yet sturdy, perfect against sensitive skin.
- How does the Breton top fit?
- A Breton top was traditionally made for a man so was loose and boxy. We like the classic look so have kept that slouchy, comfortable fit. Our Breton top has long sleeves, dropped shoulders and finishes just past the hips.
It’s made in a premium weight cotton fabric (320gsm) that gives your top the perfect shape and a timeless Breton feel.
- Where are Rise & Fall Breton tops made?
- All our women’s Breton tops are made in Portugal.