Processed using the latest technologies to ensure de-dusting, origin and traceability, our recycled down collection provides all the quality of luxury down, with added eco credentials.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where does down come from?
- Down fibres are found underneath the thicker feathers of a duck or goose. It provides insulation while feathers act as a protective coating to help the bird fly. The down filling used in duck or goose down duvets and pillows is made from these fibres as they are more malleable, more comfortable and much lighter than feathers.
- How is it recycled?
- Our recycled down is made up of 100% origin-controlled fibres that have been recycled using the latest technologies. We make sure it is de-dusted, sterilised and washed to create a light and comfortable filler.
- Is it 100% recycled?
- Yes, all the down in our duvets and pillows is recycled. We don’t add any virgin (new) down.
- How is down different from other types of duvets?
- Down is more lightweight and comfortable than almost any other duvet filler. It is far more breathable and comfortable to sleep in than a synthetic duvet and more lightweight and malleable than a feather duvet. The quality down filling gives it great temperature regulating and moisture wicking benefits too for an extra comfortable night’s sleep.
- Are your down duvets available in different sizes?
- Yes we have everything from a super king down duvet down to a king, double and single.
- What are the sustainability benefits of recycling down?
- Along with its 100% cotton outer layer, our recycled down duvets and pillows are made with 100% natural and biodegradable fibres. It’s much better for the environment than synthetic fibres but also better than sourcing brand new down. In fact, because our down is recycled this range of pillows and duvets are our most sustainable yet!
- Can I return or exchange my down duvet or pillows if I'm not satisfied?
- Of course. Rise & Fall provides free returns on unused, unwashed and undamaged products for a full refund within 30-days. Your duvet or pillows must be returned with their original packaging and all tags and labels attached.
- Are recycled down pillows and duvets suitable for someone with allergies?
- Down and feather allergies are usually due to low-quality down fillings that haven't been properly cleaned rather than the down itself. Ours is cleaned with the latest technologies to ensure it is properly de-dusted, sterilised and washed.
If you are particularly worried about allergies or sensitivity, you may want to try our organic wool range which is specifically designed for the most sensitive skin.