FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is a polo shirt?
- A polo shirt is a short sleeve t-shirt with a stand-up collar and a button placket with 2-3 buttons. It’s usually made of cotton or another t-shirt like fabric - though a polo shirt is often made of piqué cotton as opposed to cotton jersey.
You’ll often find polo shirts in a range of bright and pastel colours, some are looser fitting and others tight fitting. They can also be called golf shirts or tennis shirts as they are often worn for these sports.
- How do the polo shirts fit?
- Our men’s polo shirts have a comfortable, slightly loose fit.
- What is pique and why is it used for polo shirts?
- Piqué is a kind of woven cotton which creates a stronger fabric than woven cotton jersey (standard t-shirt fabric). It is woven in a ribbed or raised pattern which creates a more textured fabric.
It is often used for polo shirts as it is more durable, making it ideal for sportswear. It’s the added dimension and texture which make piqué cotton polo shirts more breathable and wrinkleless. The result? A polo shirt that’s much easier to care for.
- What makes a great polo shirt?
- There are a few things that make the perfect polo shirt: good quality fabric, a good cut and a comfortable fit. Add a classic colour and no loud brand logos and you’ve got yourself a timeless and versatile polo shirt.
For fabric that’s durable yet soft look for premium fibres like 100% Pima cotton. As long as the pique weave is up to scratch, you’ll have yourself a wrinkle-resistant, highly breathable and ultra-durable polo.
- What are Rise & Fall polo shirts made from?
- At Rise & Fall we appreciate fabric that lasts and stays soft over time. That’s why we make our polo shirts with 100% Pima cotton - for the perfect drape and feel.
We don’t want them thinning over time either so we make them in a premium weight of 185g that hangs well and doesn’t wrinkle as easily.
We also treat our polo shirts with a special wash that improves colour retention so you can keep wearing them, year after year.
- Where are the polo shirts made?
- All our polo shirts are made in Portugal
- How should I style a polo shirt?
- Cut in a classic and comfortable style, our polo shirts look effortless with shorts, jeans or chinos. Try a navy polo with matching chinos or pair it with contrasting trousers and belt. If in doubt, you can’t go wrong with a white polo shirt thrown over a pair of jeans.
The sturdy fabric and sporty style make a polo shirt perfect for outdoor pursuits like golf, tennis or sailing. But it will look just as smart in a bar, or at lunch with friends.
- What size polo shirts are available?
- Our men’s polo shirts are available in sizes S to XL.
- What colour polo shirts are available?
- We don’t think a good polo shirt needs to shout - we prefer a classic, smart and timeless look. That’s why our polos come in grey, navy and of course white - the colour of Wimbledon tennis.