FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why should I use a mattress topper?
- A mattress topper helps protect your mattress, making it last for longer. Depending on the type of topper it can provide extra insulation or comfort too.
- What is the benefit of a wool mattress topper?
- A wool mattress topper uses all of wool’s great qualities to provide a comfortable and supportive layer for you to sleep on. It can really add to that five star feel.
As wool is breathable, temperature regulating and moisture-wicking, a wool mattress topper can be really helpful if you overheat easily at night. The wool filling will help you stay cool when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold - all helping you get a better night’s sleep.
- What is organic wool?
- Organic wool comes from farms that haven’t been exposed to harsh chemicals like pesticides, farms that put animal welfare and the environment first. Wool is a naturally strong fibre that is renewable, biodegradable and very durable.
- What size mattress toppers are available?
- Our wool mattress toppers come in sizes UK single, UK double, UK king, UK super king, and UK emperor.
- How thick is the wool mattress topper?
- Our wool mattress topper is nice and thick, at 3-5 cm. It’s supportive and mighty comfortable.
- What is the difference between the wool mattress topper and the wool mattress protector?
- While our wool mattress topper is 3-5 cm thick, our wool mattress protector is slightly thinner at 1-2 cm thick. Choose between the two depending on how firm your mattress is, and how much extra cushioning you’d like.
As wool is very breathable, the slightly thicker mattress topper is a great choice if your mattress isn’t made of a breathable material or if it’s a little too firm. It’s perfect for adding a bit more comfort and cosiness. If you want something a bit thinner or you’re just looking to protect your mattress from general wear and tear, the wool mattress protector will do the trick.
- What is the shell made out of?
- The outer shell of our wool mattress topper is made with a 230 thread count, organic cotton. This high quality shell allows for the organic wool’s breathable and moisture wicking qualities to work properly.
- Will a wool mattress topper keep me warm in winter?
- Wool is very insulating but also great at regulating your temperature as you sleep. If your room is cold, it will help keep you warm by providing an extra layer of insulation, cocooning you in warmth. But a wool mattress topper can also help keep you cool with its moisture wicking qualities.
- Can I use a wool mattress topper in the summer?
- Wool is highly breathable, temperature regulating and moisture wicking. It will help keep you cool if you often overheat at night.
- How do I clean the mattress topper?
- Our mattress toppers and protectors are dry clean only. Luckily wool is a naturally self-cleaning fibre. To freshen it up hang the mattress topper outside on a nice day, or in a well ventilated area. This will allow air to circulate within the layers.