FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the women’s v-neck jumper made of?
- Our women’s v-neck jumpers are made with the finest, A grade 100% Mongolian cashmere. It’s super soft, supple and very warm - making for a truly luxurious jumper. Known for its longer fibres and smoother threads A grade cashmere requires less ties and exposed ends. This means any jumper made from it will last you a long long time.
- What is cashmere?
- Unlike most common wools, cashmere is collected from goats instead of sheep. The goats usually live in very variable mountainous regions so develop a soft downy underlayer to protect them from extreme winter temperatures. This soft layer (the cashmere) is collected in the spring when the goats are starting to moult, and separated from the coarser guard hairs.
Cashmere is well known for being incredibly soft, very lightweight and highly insulating. It is used for shawls and throws, winter accessories, and men’s and women’s clothing. Being so fluffy and warm, it makes for some of the cosiest jumpers around.
- How do I look after my women’s v-neck jumper?
- Being made of 100% cashmere, your jumper will be very breathable, and naturally odour resistant. It won’t need washing as often as a synthetic or even a cotton jumper would.
When you do need to wash your jumper you can choose to handwash or use a wool setting on the washing machine. This will usually involve a low temperature and low spin cycle. Wash your jumper with similar colours, a gentle detergent and no fabric softener.
Do not iron or tumble dry your jumper as this can damage the fibres. Simply dry it flat. If you spill something small on your jumper, you may want to spot clean it. This involves only washing the affected area with a small amount of water and a very small amount of detergent. This is a great trick if you’re in a rush. Your jumper will dry much more quickly and be ready to wear again soon.
- How do I protect my women’s v-neck cashmere jumper from moths?
- To protect your jumper from moths make sure you don’t put it away dirty. Moths love a dirty cashmere jumper in a dark undisturbed corner of your house.
You keep it with lavender or cedar wood to repel them. You can also use the anti-moth bag included with the jumper.
- How do you style a women’s v-neck jumper?
- A v-neck jumper looks great worn on its own, with a little skin showing through at the top - or with a white t-shirt underneath. Pair your jumper with the matching women’s cashmere joggers for a laid back look. You can also try styling your jumper with jeans, smart office trousers or a leather skirt. There are so many options to choose from.
Unlike a high neck jumper, v-necks work well layered over a shirt. Choose a shirt in a contrasting colour, and pull the collar out so it lies over your jumper’s neckline.
As with many cashmere jumpers, a women’s v-neck jumper is such a classic style you can really wear it with almost anything. It works in casual and smart situations equally well and looks good layered under a much thicker jumper too.
- What size women’s v-necks are available?
- As with all our women’s jumpers, our cashmere v-neck jumpers come in sizes XS through to XL.
- How does the women’s v-neck jumper fit?
- The women’s v-neck jumper has a relaxed fit. It is slightly more fitted around the cuffs and waistband to keep you cosy and warm. Choose your own size for a classic fit or size up if you want your jumper to have a looser fit.
- What colour women’s v-neck jumpers are available?
- Our women’s cashmere v-neck jumpers are available in fuschia, camel, salt, navy, black and grey. We’ve gone for timeless colours that look good whatever the weather.
Explore the rest of the cashmere collection to discover hats, gloves and scarves that match our women’s v-neck jumpers.
- What other v-neck jumpers are available?
- Our women’s v-necks include a women’s v-neck merino wool jumper; a thicker, open collar, women’s v-neck merino wool jumper; and finally a women’s v-neck merino wool cardigan.
We also make a men’s v-neck cashmere jumper and a men’s v-neck merino jumper. These vary slightly from the women’s jumpers in size and fit but can be worn by anyone. Explore our full selection of jumpers in cashmere, merino wool and cotton.