Getting down with Recycled Down
The idea of recycled down may seem foreign at first, but if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Because theoretically, even so-called ‘virgin down’ is recycled: Its first iteration was as insulation for a bird. It was then processed; cleaned and sorted & became a garment or filler for a duvet or soft furnishing. What is known as ‘recycled down’, which is becoming increasingly popular, is when the fill is reused, because the casing is old or unfashionable.
At Rise & Fall, we love the idea of recycled down, because, not only is it an ethically & environmentally solid choice, but also, because of the cleansing, sterilising and de-dusting process it goes through, it can even be superior to virgin down!
Down as a filler
The benefits of Recycled Down are the same as virgin down, and then some:
Recycled Down is:
- Naturally insulating meaning it retains heat & keeps you toasty all night
- 100% natural & biodegradable
- 100% recycled
- Processed without any environmentally harmful products
- Origin-traceable and ethically sourced which is regulated and audited by a third party
The Rise & Fall Recycled Down range
At Rise & Fall, we think you can’t really offer a proper bedding range without having down products, but wanted to ensure that our down duvets & pillows were as ethical, sustainable, & environmentally friendly as possible when we set out to create them. We searched the land, and found that recycled down was the way to go. We are really proud of our 100% natural, biodegradable duvet & pillow filler, because recycled means better for the environment, better for animal welfare, and actually even better for you as the cleaning and sterilisation process means more dust particles are removed!
- 100% cotton shell
- 100% of filler is natural & biodegradable
- 100% of filler material is recycled
- Recycled down is safe for the entire family including kids & pets
- A label on the short side makes sure the duvet cover goes on right first time round
- Stitching pattern keeps fill in place
Choosing your Rise & Fall Recycled Down duvet & pillow
- 4.5 tog (duvets): the lightest of our duvets: recommended for hot sleepers & climates.
- 10.5 tog (duvets): our best-selling variant: an all-rounder that is suitable all year long. Not too hot, not too cold. Just exactly right.
- Soft (pillows): A light and fluffy pillow for those who just want a little something to rest their weary heads on.
- Medium (pillows): The perfect combination of pliability & support. Our most popular pillow – suits most.
- Firm: A lot of support packed into a pillow. Can be used to prop up when reading or as back support when sitting. Or for those who just really like a firm pillow.
Ready to find out more?