FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is recycled down?
- Our recycled down is made up of 100% origin-controlled fibres that have been recycled using the latest technologies. We make sure it is de-dusted, sterilised and washed to create a light and comfortable filler.
- What is down?
- Down filling is used for duvets, pillows and jackets. It is usually made from duck or goose fibres rather than feathers as it is more malleable, more comfortable and lighter than feathers.
Down fibres are found underneath the thicker feathers of the bird. Down provides insulation while feathers provide a protective coating and help the bird fly.
- What are the benefits of a recycled down duvet?
- Along with its 100% cotton outer layer, our recycled down duvet is 100% natural and biodegradable. It’s much better for the environment than synthetic fibres. In fact, because our down is recycled this duvet is our most sustainable yet!
Made at medium firmness, our recycled down duvet holds its shape well and is super cosy to snuggle into. The quality down filling gives it great temperature regulating and moisture wicking benefits too for an extra comfortable night’s sleep.
- Where are they made?
- Our recycled down duvets are proudly made in the UK.
- What are down allergies?
- Some people may have allergies or sensitivity to down or feathers. But bear in mind these allergies are usually due to low-quality down fillings that haven't been properly cleaned rather than the down itself.
- What sizes are available?
- Our recycled down duvet comes in sizes Single, Double, King and Super King.
- How warm is the recycled down duvet?
- Our recycled down duvet comes in a 10.5 tog which is warm and toasty but still breathable. It’s perfect for autumn, winter and spring.