FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What makes Rise & Fall cashmere so great?
- At Rise & Fall we love quality cashmere. That’s why we only use 100% A-grade Mongolian cashmere in all our cashmere products. It’s a high quality cashmere with extra long fibres for extra softness and a beanie that lasts.
Rise & Fall cashmere always considers animal welfare. It is only collected in spring, when the goats are naturally shedding their winter coats. Our cashmere is also certified by the Good Cashmere Standard, the Sustainable Fibre Alliance and the Responsible Wool Standard.
- What are the benefits of a cashmere beanie compared to a wool beanie?
- Cashmere holds a lot of insulating power in a very lightweight fibre. Hence why a cashmere beanie can be so cosy whilst also being very breathable. It allows your head to stay warm without getting sweaty, and folds up nice and small in your pocket.
Cashmere is also super soft against your skin. Whereas a wool beanie can be itchy on the sensitive skin of your forehead, a quality cashmere beanie always feels luxurious.
Both cashmere and wool are water resistant. Neither of them will protect you from a huge downpour but a light drizzle is no problem at all.
- How should I style my cashmere beanie?
- Our cashmere beanies combine the classic beanie shape with luxurious cashmere. It’s a subtle hat that goes with any look. Wear yours with a smart coat and leather boots, your puffiest down jacket and jeans, or colour block with a matching Rise & Fall cashmere jumper.
- What colours are available?
- Our cashmere beanies come in grey, black and camel. They’re three classic colours that will go with everything in your wardrobe, through autumn, winter and spring.
- How can I care for my cashmere beanie?
- Your beanie won’t need a lot of cleaning as cashmere is naturally antibacterial and odour resistant. If you air out a cashmere jumper and return to it a few hours later it can often smell good as new. Simply air out your beanie between wears by hanging it on a coat hook when you get in. (This is especially important if you got caught in the rain.) It should stay fresh for months even if you wear it every day.
You can spot-clean any little spills and when you feel it needs it, hand wash the whole beanie with non bio detergent and cool water. Be warned, hot water and a heavy spin cycle can damage cashmere fibres and cause shrinkage.
When you’re putting it away for the summer months, make sure it’s in its handy anti-moth bag.
- How warm is the cashmere beanie?
- Some brands do offer cheaper cashmere accessories by mixing the cashmere with a synthetic fibre or weaving very sheer, low quality items.
Our beanie is 100% cashmere and comes in a premium weight of 50g. It’s thick and warm enough to keep you cosy on a cold and windy winter’s day.